Raining Clovers

.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day BBQ

Today is Memorial Day, a day to remember all the men and women who have died serving our country. I have a co-worker who, for many years, has devoted her time on Memorial Day to go to several local cemeteries to clean gravestones, place fresh flowers on them and remember and honor their lives. I am touched by her dedication and enthusiasm and I hope to one day follow in her footsteps and teach my boys to respect our elders and those who died for us.

I am thankful that I am able to celebrate this day with my family. I am so grateful for the time I get to spend with my parents and Allen's parents, enjoying each other's company, having fun together, laughing together and of course teasing each other! Life goes so fast, so to me Memorial Day is also about celebrating and spending time with those that we love, remembering old days and dreaming about our future.

Allen, Grandma, Connor and Logan checking out
the new bug bubble maker!
Grandpa and Logan

Grandma listening intently and Logan playing with tissue paper

The Grandpa's filling their plates

Our chef, Allen, cooking the yummy pepper steaks

Sweet Grandma eating her lunch

Connor, me and Logan

Our yummy dessert. Banana caramel tarts and
raspberry lemon tarts.

A yummy spinach strawberry salad

No comments:

Post a Comment