If you head north to Idaho, Silverwood is a stop you must make on a hot summer day. Kiddy pools, slides, wave pools, food, roller coasters, bumper cars, caramel apples, cotton candy...yep they've got it all at Silverwood! It is becoming a summer tradition to meet up with my sister and her kids and have some fun. Connor is getting taller and was able to ride the roller coasters this year. Ciera, Darren, Dee, Connor and I braved Tremors which is one of the roller coasters at Silverwood. I thought to myself, "self, this should be fun!"...until 3 seconds into the ride, I thought I was going to die. The first drop was 103 feet into a pitch black tunnel at 63 MPH. Not only did we do that drop again but we did it four times! My buns left the seat every time and my heart was pounding out of my chest. I glanced over at Connor (one of the few times I had my eyes open), and saw some fear on his face so being the mom I am I reached over to hold his hand and began screaming like I was having fun...NOT! The roller coaster stops just short of the loading/unloading dock before you can see the next victims...and now I know why. It's to compose yourself, wipe up any drool or tears from your face, figure out how to cover up your buns because you peed your pants and finally to act like you had the time of your life. Don't get me wrong it was a fun roller coaster it was just more intense than I expected. Allen and Ciera did the Aftershock Roller coaster! I'm not sure how to describe it other than the name should explain it! This year we also did the wave pool, which Connor loved and Logan played in the toddler play area. Silverwood needs to improve their train ride (in my opinion) but it's still fun to sit and take a break from walking. Before leaving, you have to try one of the yummy caramel apples and some cotton candy. We can't wait to go again next year!
Connor and Logan in a waterfall
Logan and Connor in the toddler play area
My boys in the waterfall
Darren, Logan and Connor
Tough guy!
Darren and Logan
My honey and I

No comments:
Post a Comment