So I'm in bed fast asleep and then it happens...severe quad pain jolts me out of bed at 5:00 in the morning. I tried to straighten my legs and it was so painful I just wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. Even though that is what I wanted to do, I resisted and tried to straighten my legs and give them a stretch. OUCH! Okay then, I'll just get up and walk to the bathroom to give my quads a stretch. OUCH again...not a good idea but when ya gotta go ya gotta go! I think this quad pain is worse than having a baby, no really, I'm just sure it is. I finally hobble my way to the bathroom only to realize that every muscles from my waist down is super tight and sore. Then I try to sit on the toilet, thinking that I can do it like I always do, using my quad muscles. Well, I quickly came to the realization that using the toilet was going to be a problem. My quads were just spent, no muscle contraction and relaxation was happening, I could not sit on the toilet. So, I quickly had to come up with plan B for using the toilet. Plan B consisted of using my arms to lower myself down on the seat, I seriously could not use my quad muscles for squatting. I could not believe it, how could running do this to my body? And who's idea was this again? I will blame Jennie! After eating breakfast and enjoying our coffee on the lanai we slowly, and I mean slowly walked down to the beach to "bob" in the water and do some sun bathing. The cool water felt so good and it was just what my muscles needed. After a few hours, we slowly headed back to the condo to eat some lunch and rinse off the salt water. We also decided to check out the Maui Ocean Center, The Hawaiian Aquarium, which is gorgeous and very educational. After visiting the aquarium, we headed to dinner at Fred's Mexican Restaurant. I ended up getting a huge 1lb burrito but you'll be happy to know I only ate just a little over half of it...okay, maybe 3/4 of it! Hey, I just ran a marathon yesterday, give me a break! Before we got our food, Jenni, Linda and I decided we needed to use the restroom. So we ask where it is and the waiter promptly to us: you go down that way, around the corner and then up the stairs. Okay, we thought. We came to the stairs and just stood at the bottom thinking how in the world were we going to get up that never ending flight of stairs. So we each took a step and then the immense pain was felt in our legs and quads again. All we could do was laugh and then pull ourselves up the stairs using the hand rail. It was hysterical, we were is such pain and all we could do was laugh. I'm sure the guests near the stairs thought we were drunk but I'm happy to report we were not. We all made it to the top and then wondered how we would get back down! After dinner, we went back to the condo to get our comfy clothes on, relax and watch some TV. Goodnight Monday!
This Octopus was putting on a show for us.
A Star fish
Julie, Linda and I
Watch out, you never know what's around the corner!
Jelly fish. They are so translucent, my camera
had a hard time picking them up. But this picture is cool!

No comments:
Post a Comment