Vernon Edward Shadel
February 26th, 1923 - October 27th, 2011
Today my grandfather, Vernon, went home to be with our father in heaven. It is a sad day for us here on this physical earth but a joyous day for him...he is home, safe and comfortable. I have so many fond memories of grandpa. I loved helping out on the farm, feeding the animals, checking the chicken coop for fresh eggs and watching him get all dressed up to protect himself from the bees while getting honey from the hives. Although I loved to help out, I usually got side tracked by all the cute kittens in the hay barn. Grandpa was a hard working quiet man who supported and loved his family very much. He was a handy man who loved to use old parts of equipment to build "new" things. Nothing went to waste...most things were saved just in case he needed them. I guess that would explain the part of the property that housed numerous rusted cars, tractors and other random parts and things. Of course, in my eyes it was junk (remember, I was a kid!) but to him it had the potential to be transformed and made into something new.
Change is hard for us all, getting older is hard for us too. We want things to stay the same and continue as is. Family gatherings at Grandma and Grandpa's house with all the family surrounded around the dinner table, eating good food, laughing, taking a billion family photos in the living room, patiently waiting for every one to return from candle-light services so we could eat and open our Christmas gifts, frying oysters (sorry grandpa, I never liked them...yes, I'll take the ham), being surprised to see Santa stop by and wish us a Merry Christmas. These are all memories that I will cherish forever and Grandpa is a part of every one of them. His time on earth has ended and so will ours so enjoy the life that has been given to you. In loving memory of my Grandpa, Vernon. I will always love you.
Grandpa's kids:
Ronnie, Michael
MaryAnn, Kenneth, Sharon
Almost all the Grand kids:
Dee, Debie, Jennifer, Meggan, Samantha,
David, Landen, Carson
The Great Grand kids:
Connor, Drew, Darren, Ainsley, Logan, Ciera, Owen, Calie
Miles, Luke, Riley, Wesley
Connor, Drew, Darren, Ainsley, Logan, Ciera, Owen, Calie
Miles, Luke, Riley, Wesley
Hey, this is the best picture we could get!
No comments:
Post a Comment