Raining Clovers

.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year we were happy to have the Berreth family join us for Thanksgiving.  I enjoy hosting parties and love putting all the decorative touches on the table.  In fact, I enjoy the decorating much more than the cooking!  No worries though...the food still turned out good!  I did try a new turkey recipe that turned out really tasty.  It included dipping cheesecloth in butter, oil and tangerine juice then draping it over the turkey.  I basted it every thirty minutes with tangerine juice then removed the cheesecloth for the last hour of roasting.  All of that basting turned it a beautiful golden brown color!  We had all the traditional side dishes like mashed potatoes, green bean bake and salad but I added a new one called sweet potato boats.  After cooking the sweet potatoes you scoop out the pulp, mash it with caramel ice cream topping and spices then put it back in the "boat," top it with marshmallows then bake until golden brown.  Wow...they were delicious!  We also had yummy appetizers brought by Michael and Mandy and you can never have too many desserts...thanks Ardi! 
The kid table

The adult table

Decorating for fun!
Sweet potato boats
Allen carving the turkey
 Michael, Jack, Allen and Logan
 Cousins...Tyler and Connor
 Cookie Decorating


No comments:

Post a Comment