Raining Clovers

.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Grandpa's Sleigh Ride

A few years ago, we took a sleigh ride at the Western Pleasure Ranch in North Idaho.  This year they were all booked up so Grandma and Grandpa decided to treat us to a Shadel style sleigh ride!  Dad hooked the trailer up to his tractor and we all hopped on to do some caroling and deliver cookies to the neighbors. It was so fun and it was pretty cool that it snowed the entire time.  All the neighbors felt pretty special to receive cookies and hear us sing, although I'm not sure if I heard Chad singing!  He he...love you!  By the time we got back home our little toes and noses were frozen so we warmed up with some hot chocolate.
Loading up
Off we go

The neighbors draft horses.  I think they have about
12 of these beauties.
The family
Carson and Landen singing
Sweet Riley
Darren, Connor, Calie and Chad
Allen and Logan
The ride was so peaceful, Logan fell asleep
Before we went to bed, we put out some gum drops for
Santa's reindeer.  We hope they like them!
Gum drops in the snow
Allen and Connor decided how to drop them
After leaving the gum drop trail, we had a snowball
fight..he he, that was fun!  I forgot how much fun
it is to smack the kids and Allen with snowballs!
Of course, I got my fair share of the white stuff on me!
After all the fighting, we then made snowmen.
Big snowman and baby snowman

No comments:

Post a Comment