Raining Clovers

.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Summer Solstice Sundowner

It's the first day of summer so we spent the long hot summer night running a fun run and 5K!  The boys ran their first 1/4 mile fun run while I ran a 5K.  I wish I would have taken video of the boys and all the kids running the fun run.  It was so cute to see them so determined to run fast and then run out of steam about 200 yards later!  Us parents could hardly contain ourselves from laughter because the kids were so focused on their running form.  Connor ran the entire 1/4 mile while Logan walked a little at the 200 yard mark then picked it up to run across the finish line.  All the kids received a blue ribbon for their hard work.  After the fun run it was the parents turn for the 5K.  I had a good cheer squad this year and it must have helped because I had a PR of 26:44 and got 4th place in my age group!  Last year I completed it in 29:28.  It's nice to see that I can improve at my age! 
The boys eating their snack and showing off their race numbers.
 Here I come!  Logan seems excited too.
 Zoom

No comments:

Post a Comment