Raining Clovers
.
Thursday, December 17, 2009
I hope tonight goes better!
Yesterday I took Logan to his doctor for his twelve month check up. He's a healthy boy but a little on the small side. He is only in the 20th percentile for his weight, height and head circumference. Although he is small, according to the charts, he is developmentally on track. His doctor asked me if he was using a pacifier and I said "no, he sucks his thumb." "Well," she said, "it's time for him to try and break the habit." "Okay, what do I do?" She suggested using mittens or pinning a sock to his pj's. So last night I used mittens. Logan did really well until about 3:00 am when he woke up crying and crying. So I went in to comfort him and he just tossed and turned on my shoulder like he was missing something. I felt really bad and kept fighting with myself, leave the mittens on, take them off, leave them on, take them off. What to do? I decided to stick to my guns and leave the mittens on. I put him back in the crib and left the room. He cried for about five minutes then fell back asleep and never woke up till 8:00 this morning. I am happy I left the mittens on but I hope he does not wake up tonight. Time will tell if the mittens will break him of his thumb sucking habit. Stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment