Raining Clovers

.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Up All Night?

Connor got a Leapster Explorer for Christmas and he absolutely loves it!  In fact, it's my new tool to get him to do things he does not like to do, like cleaning his room and getting ready for preschool in a timely manner.  The scenario usually goes like this, "Connor, if you don't clean your room you will loose time playing with your Leapster."  As he takes time to think about his choice he says, "okay mom, I'll clean my room."  So far this technique is working, I just wonder how long it will last before I have to come up with a new tool to keep him motivated.  Yesterday, he got a new game called Mr. Pencil.  It came in the mail and unfortunatly we didn't get the mail until we got home from Church at 8:30 pm.  Of course, Connor saw it and wanted to play in right away.  Thankfully he does not go to preschool on Thursdays so he can stay up a little past bed time, right?!  Since Connor is not interested in coloring, art work, or writing his letters, I thought this game would help him practice.  At first I didn't think he liked it until this morning when I realized that he stayed up and solved the ENTIRE game last night.   He completed and unlocked every level!  I was shocked...I just wonder if he slept at all.  He seemed fine today sporting a good attitude and not acting tired at all.  Who knows, maybe he did get some sleep!  Allen and I did catch him the next night playing while sleeping.  Our new rule is no playing the Leapster before bed! 

No comments: