Our first pick from the strawberry patch!
Raining Clovers
.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Fresh Strawberries
We have fresh strawberries! Connor and I found some ripe strawberries today in our strawberry patch. Hopefully the sun will start shinning and ripen up more of our berries. We have so many I might be busy making strawberry jam, strawberry shortcake, strawberry milkshakes, strawberry pound cake, strawberry pie, strawberry banana bread... well, you get the point! Since this is our first strawberry patch I will be learning how to keep them from being eaten by the birds and slugs. If I learned anything from my grandma it's how to use nets and slug bait! During summer vacation from school my grandma would put us grand-kids to work! She taught us how to keep the lawn green, how to grow flowers, plant and harvest a vegetable garden and how to take care of a fruit orchard. I remember it being a lot of work but I LOVED helping her and learning from her. I am hopeful that all of grandma's training will pay off for our strawberry patch . Wish us luck and stop by for some fresh strawberries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment