Connor will be 6 on the 29th so Allen and I thought we would surprise him with a birthday trip to Great Wolf Lodge. We were fortunate that he didn't have school on Friday so Thursday after school we picked him up and headed north. Normally Allen is not with me when I pick Connor up so I thought he would ask questions as to why dad was with me today, but he didn't. I even asked him to use the restroom because we were going to "run a few errands" before going home. He didn't even question that! So in the car we went. Finally about an hour and a half into our drive he says, "where are we going?" WOW, it took him that long to ask what we were doing...is this a patient kid or what?! We told him we were still "running errands" but never stopped except at McDonald's for dinner. When we finally reached our destination he was pretty excited to read the sign "Great Wolf Lodge!" We purchased a birthday package so there was a sign on our Wolf Den room saying "Happy Birthday!" Connor was pretty excited to see that. Our first night we explored the lodge to see what fun was to be had the next day. Connor also picked out his MagiQuest wand so we could complete MagiQuest Adventures.
Massive Fireplace in the Lodge
"Living room" area looking to the water park
Story time area
Living room
View of Lodge entrance check in area. Everything was
still decorated with their winter/Christmas theme.
Connor using his wand to activate the MagiQuest picture.
Our Wolf Den...Happy Birthday Connor!
Connor, Allen and LJ
Connor and I
The boys got to sleep in the "Wolf Den!"
It had bunk beds and their own TV!
No comments:
Post a Comment