Raining Clovers
.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Day 21
Today I am thankful for hostesses. Allen and I have been hosting a small group from church called TWO-42 at our house. It is a six week class and we only have one week left. We have been watching a video then discussing questions relating to the video. We also have snacks and get to visit and learn more about each other, which I love, however there is a lot of work that is involved in hosting a group at your house. Cleaning and preparing can take a few hours of your day. Some days I just want to sit on the couch and read a book, but knowing that our friends will be here at 4:00 pm gives me the motivation to do the dishes, pick up the kids' toys, and even mop the floor! I am thankful for the opportunity to host a small group but I will be thankful in a few weeks when I can just sit on the couch, have dirty dishes in the sink and toys on the floor. Today I am thankful for all the hard work that goes into being a hostess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment