Raining Clovers
.
Monday, November 29, 2010
Day 29
Today I am thankful for laughter. Laughter makes you feel good and it burns calories! My boys make me laugh every day. They are always up to something silly that gets my attention and usually makes me laugh. Over the last few weeks when Logan gets frustrated, he shows it by yelling, hitting, and kicking. He gets sent to time-out immediately if he does any of these behaviors and we are trying to teach him to use his words to let us know how he feels, instead of aggression. However, the kicking is actually pretty funny and we call it the LJ technique. First he charges, then he does a quick triplet with his feet to get the right foot forward, all while swinging his arms ferociously, and then WHAM!...you're hit. You'll usually feel the blow on your ankle and sometimes your shin, depending on how much charging he does. It is really hard not to laugh and I always hope I have something, a towel, a blanket, anything in reach to cover up my face so he does not see me laugh. Off to time-out he goes and then Allen and I take a moment to laugh. I am going to try and get this kicking technique on video so twenty years from now we can laugh again at this silly two year old behavior. Today I am thankful for laughter and how happy it makes us feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The mental image of this is making me giggle this morning, thank you!
ReplyDelete